Agents cannot market or receive renewal commission or sell any carriers’ 2022 products until they are certified. You can begin marketing plans for January 1, 2022 effective dates on October 1st and you can begin selling plans as of October 15th. For this reason, we recommend that you complete your
certification before October 1st.
Each carrier has their own certification process and therefore you should be aware of what their requirements are as to not duplicate trainings or spend extra time or money. Because your approach can vary depending on which carrier(s) you plan to certify with, we have listed several scenarios below based on which carrier(s) you plan to sell. Specific instructions on how to access these trainings are on the following pages.
Selling for one company only:
- MedicareBlue Rx Only - Only take the Pinpoint Global training. The cost is $89.95.
- UnitedHealthcare - Only take the UnitedHealthcare Medicare training. This training is free.
- Aetna and Silverscript only- You must take AHIP to sell these plans. Go to the training site and it will direct you to AHIP and Aetna product specific courses. The cost for AHIP through Aetna is $125. Face-to-face or online product training is required this year.
- Centene/WellCare - AHIP is required. Cost is $125.
Selling for multiple companies:
- Aetna and any other company- Take Aetna training first as the AHIP willtransfer to UnitedHealthcare Medicare, Blue Rx and Centene/WellCare, and take care of several of their training and exams. You will also not have to pay for the Blue Rx training if you take AHIP first.
ALL AGENTS MUST PASS AHIP AND PRODUCT SPECIFIC TRAINING TO MARKET AND SELL PRODUCTS AND TO RECEIVE RENEWAL COMMISSIONS